Friday, March 10, 2017

Solo Play-through of Championship Formula Racing



I play a 3-lap race of Championship Formula Racing using the the Historical Driver system that allows you to play solo.  Results after race 1 on the right.

Spoiler alert... I didn't win.  But neither did Vettel after leading the vast majority of the race.  The stars next to each driver are their rating in my historical driver system.  Three-stars are the best.  The point system is the system I always use for races, tournaments, and the CFR Organized Play series.  Rindt got 0 points because he crashed.

This is the first in a 10-race series I plan to finish this year. I pit myself against a simulation of 9 modern and historic drivers: Fernando Alonso, Juan Manuel Fangio, Emerson Fittipaldi, James Hunt, Nigel Mansell, Kiki Raikkonen, Jochen Rindt, Jackie Stewart, and
Sebastian Vettel.

This particular race is contested at Yeongam, South Korea. The track had a short run hosting Formula 1 races starting in 2010.

Note that I'm using pre-production bits here and some of the drivers and this track are not currently available. But at the time of posting, the base game is available for pre-order.

I don't go through a lot of explaining here, but you can learn more about how the historical driver (AI) system in this 2-part video series.

No comments:

Post a Comment